Kids’ Own Publishing offers a 6-8 week book publishing project with communities and organisations working with children
(up to 20 children between the ages of 0-12).
We co-design a tailored project with our partners, and offer:
- accessible, creative, fun workshops delivered by experienced artist facilitators
- a project manager dedicated to the project
- story and text development
- book designers who specialise in children’s artwork
- professional editing of the book
- professional printing of a 16-24 full colour paperback children’s book with ISBN
- a celebratory launch connecting everyone involved at the end of the project
- reflection and feedback session post-launch.
Every child gets to take home their published book, which will also be shared with their local library.
The whole process, from planning to launch, takes between 3-4 months.
Potential partners need to ensure that they:
- are currently working with a group of children (or families) who are excited about writing and illustrating their own book
- have funding to support the project, or are able to partner with us to apply for funding
- are comfortable with the children in the group making the creative decisions about the book, including directing the themes and genre of the book.
Price range for a project is between $8,000 and $12,000 depending on variables like distance, timing, participant numbers and aims of the project.
Here are some books from previous community publishing projects.
Contact us to discuss your publishing program today by calling (03) 9996 9588
or emailing email@example.com .